The quality and usefulness of any inspection depends upon the knowledge and experience of the person who conducts the inspection.
The building inspection industry is still largely unregulated. The extent and quality of the site inspection, report, and follow-up assistance vary significantly. So do the expertise and credentials of the inspectors. CRITERIUM-MULLAN ENGINEERS exceeds the minimum state requirements and is a member of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
All of Criterium-Mullan Engineers' inspections are performed by a Professional Engineer. The P.E. license is awarded by each state and is your assurance that the engineer is knowledgeable, ethical, and accountable. Accountability is a true measure of commitment to one's profession and clients. At a minimum, Criterium-Mullan's Professional Engineers:
- Have completed an accredited, degreed engineering program, have worked for 4 years under the direction of other engineers, and have passed a comprehensive state board exam.
- Are bound by a code of ethics that requires that they limit their practice to areas in which they have expertise.
- Have completed a training course sponsored by Criterium Engineers in Portland, ME.
In addition to their professional qualifications, Criterium-Mullan's engineers participate in:
- Continuing education programs
- Intensive 7-day training programs sponsored by Criterium Engineers
- Regular peer reviews